|Sorry for the phone pic in my small wavy mirror...but I couldn't just go and take a picture in front of the mirror of my buildings hall wearing an unfinished garment, amirite?|
First thoughts :
- The pattern is said to run small at the hips, but apparently it should be fine for me ;
- As with my 2 versions of the Smooth Sailing pants, I'll have to make a flat seat adjustment and remove some length from the front crotch seam;
- I'm a bit astonished to see that the legs are just the right length (in fact, they might even be a bit short if I want to wear it with the hems rolled up), considering I had to remove something like almost 4 inches (about 10 cm) from both my Smooth Sailing pants to make them the length I wanted;
- I'm not sure about the waist : is it OK, or should I make it a bit smaller (FYI : it's slightly too big in the 2 aforementioned pants)? Hard to decide, as everything here is held with safety pins!
- The front bodice should be OK, however the back bodice looked a bit too small, but maybe just because of a bad placement of the shoulder straps;
- I was a little bit perplexed by the waistband : it's too small for me, even though I'm a 28.5-29 across the waist and it's supposed to be 30 inches long, and it's smaller than the waistlines of the pants and bodice. What the f...udge is going on there? Maybe I'll just cut it very long and shorten it to suit my needs.