mercredi 31 décembre 2014

A Little Black D(olo)res(s)

Hi all!
After 3 rough months at work, which led to yet another sewing burn out (no UFOS, but my last projects were completed veeeeeeeeerrrrryyyyyyy slooooooowwwwwlllyyyyy), I was  really in need of something easy to make.
I had bought Zoe's Dolores Batwing pattern a few months ago, and thought now was the time to give it a go, so I grabbed some black milano jersey I bought specially for it...and let me tell you, this pattern did not disappoint!

Here's a first view...


And here I am, showing off the batwing sleeve detail!

In hardly more than 2 hours of sewing (and without a serger!), I found myself with a new dress...and one, IMO, that's perfectly worthy of being my New Year's Eve dress!
No modifications, except that I chopped 10 cm off the sleeves to make them 3/4 instead of full length.
Now, this dress is a little bit classier than what I'm used to wearing, but at the same time, it's so easy to wear it would be a pity to keep it only for special occasions...I think it's going to be worn quite a lot, and I'd love to make some more in neutral colors like navy, dark brown or burgundy, and in wool jersey (but that seems a little bit harder to find unfortunately)!
It reminds me a bit (well, minus the batwing shape I mean) of Heart of Haute's "Super Spy dress", over which I've been drooling for quite a long time : 



Well, you can imagine how great it feels to have a pattern enabling me to make as many knock-offs (sort of knock-off, anyway) of this dress as I want, and in no time at all!

Happy New Year's Eve to you all!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire