I have already ordered the fabric to make them (a black stretch corduroy from Les Coupons de Saint-Pierre) but I still can't decide on the pattern.
So, which one of these 2 contenders is going to win?
On the left, Burda :
- Rather cheap, print-at-home pattern, so no need to wait,
- Don't know what they'd look like in real life but I like the Brigitte Bardot styling, this is what I'd like to emulate.
- I've never sewn from a Burda pattern ;
- I'm scared of having to add seam allowances and of their reputation about sizing.
On the right : Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity:
- They're not looking that vintage-y to me (or at least not in the way i'd like them to) but i see great potential in them;
- I like where the waist hits (higher than natural waist).
- I know it's a designer pattern, but 11$ sounds expensive for a Big 4 pattern, plus I'd have to pay for the shipping and wait till they get in my mail box...
- There seems to be a pleat at the front and I'm not sure what it would look like on me...